The fight to stop the Covid-19 pandemic has taken a turn after it was discovered that the coronavirus viral load in children sick, asymptomatic or with mild symptoms, it can be much higher than in a sick adult.
This was revealed by a study conducted in two hospitals from Massachusetss, United States, which analyzed 192 child patients suspected of having Covid-19.
Blood, saliva and mucus samples were taken from the little ones, 10 years old on average, to determine how many were infected, what type of symptoms they had and what was the viral load present in their bodies.
The level of antibodies developed by the children who were positive was also examined, classifying them as asymptomatic, with visible symptoms or seriously complicated.
In the end, it was determined that 49 infants (26%) had Covid-19 infection and of these, 24 were asymptomatic and 25 only showed fever as the most visible symptom.
High viral load of coronavirus in children awakens alerts
The analyzes showed that the coronavirus viral load in children with mild or asymptomatic symptoms was much higher than in adults in serious condition.
Besides, the viral load was particularly high in the first 48 hours after being infected.
This means that asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic children may be more contagious than a very sick adult and therefore have a most important role in the spread of the pandemic than expected.
This surprising result is analyzed by those who struggle to save lives while achieving an effective remedy to stop the pandemic, such as the vaccine developed by the University of Oxford.
The director of the Massachusetts General Hospital and chief investigator of the study, Lael Yonker, expressed the surprise of the medical team by this discovery.
“I was surprised to find such high levels of coronavirus viral load in children of all ages, especially in the first two days of infection ”, he pointed out.
Children with Covid-19, a time bomb
It’s known that the higher the viral load in the blood, the more contagious power he will have the sick among those around him.
Until now, the protocols applied in all hospitals in the world prioritize the isolation of seriously ill adults from Covid-19 to reduce the possibility of infecting healthcare personnel and other patients.
“However, the viral loads of these hospitalized patients are significantly lower than those of a relatively healthy child walking around,” Yonker said.
Researchers are concerned that many pediatricians may have mistaken thousands of Covid-19 cases with simple pictures of the flu, since the symptoms may coincide (fever, nasal discharge and cough).
This is due to the erroneous belief that children are less vulnerable to contagion, something that was true since the beginning of the pandemic.
Officially, until August 23 The United States has acknowledged having only 340,000 infected children in a universe of 5.6 million positive cases in its 51 states.
“During the pandemic, we made the mistake of only analyzing sick adults and believing that they are the main transmitters of Covid-19,” said the director of Immunology and Muconasal Biology at MGH, Alessio Fasano.
Fasano noted that the discovery of a high coronavirus viral load in children with mild or asymptomatic symptoms, it places this group among the potential “great spreaders” of the disease.
Great doubts about the convenience of reopening schools
The results of this work will undoubtedly affect the decision-making of the authorities about the advisability of reopening schools, child care centers and playgrounds in the United States and the world.
The Republican President of the USA, Donald Trump is a strong advocate of reopening schools, which pits him against Democratic mayors and governors of areas hit hard by the pandemic.
The greatest risk is that these asymptomatic or misdiagnosed children infect teachers and school employees, further aggravating the current health situation in this country.
Recall that there is also the danger of catching Covid-19 again, as happened to a trucker who got reinfected twice twice in Argentina.
But also, this it would be deadly for the poorest families, since the study found that 51% of the children who tested positive come from there to Covid-19, against only 2% belonging to wealthy families.
The problem is that in the poorest households, children and the elderly (a very vulnerable group) tend to live together in a greater proportion than in the most privileged.
Avoid Wrist, Neck, and Back Injuries With These Tips When Working From Home
Working from home is a lifestyle that has been adopted lately, especially after Covid-19. Although it can be a comfortable habit, being in one position for many hours or performing repetitive movements throughout the day can cause us aches and pains that can turn into prolonged injuries. The wrists, neck and back are usually the parts most involved in these ailments.
Avoid injuries of this nature with these simple tips that will be addressed below, so you will know how they occur and how to avoid them.
You should follow these tips when eating fruits. Live healthy
Our wrist is made up of bones, nerves and muscles, which work for the joint to function properly. An alteration of any of these parts provides discomfort that results in the inability to perform certain activities.
Most common wrist injuries
Among these are:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Stretching and strengthening exercises for the wrist
There are simple exercises that we can do daily to avoid wrist pain:
- Slow, circular movements of the wrist in both directions (left and right)
- Movements with pause to the right, left, up and down
- Alternate finger movements keeping the wrist static
Tips to Avoid Wrist Injuries
- When typing on the keyboard move only your fingers, keeping your wrist straight
- Maintain a correct posture when writing, with relaxed shoulders and elbows, which will make the circulation of your arm work properly
- Sleeping with your hands next to your body, on your back
Follow these 10 most useful beauty tips for men today
According to expert physiotherapists, maintaining a prolonged posture with an incline greater than 30 degrees can cause neck pain, even injuring it.
What is this about
The neck, having no bony protection (except for the part where the spinal cord begins), has a relatively thin structure that makes it susceptible to wounds and injuries. That is why keeping the weight of our head for a long time damages the cavity (causing pain, muscle tension) and sleeping or being in an uncomfortable position for a long time causes the neck muscles to contract (probability of developing torticollis)
Exercises to avoid neck injuries
There are three easy types of exercises that can decrease the tension built up in the neck muscles:
- Rotate the head to both sides (left and right) and in both directions (up and down)
- Perform movements in circles both to the right side and the left side.
- With your left hand, gently press your right side of your face towards the left side of your shoulder, making a pleasant stretch without causing pain. Do the same with the right hand in the left direction. Keep your head straight at all times.
Tips to avoid neck injuries
- Do stretching exercises
- When writing on the computer, the screen should be at eye level
- Avoid sudden and sudden movements
- Don’t put a lot of weight on your shoulders
- Sleep on your back, preferably without a pillow or with one that is not very high
- Watch TV sitting down with the help of cushions that make your neck do not strain or exert force
- Don’t bend your neck against your shoulder to hold the phone while talking
- Read seated maintaining a straight posture, and if you do it lying down, do not bow your head too much
You will not believe it, these are the states of fruits and their benefits for your health
The posture that we maintain on a daily basis is something that directly affects the back. As it is made up of nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons, if any of these is injured, intense pain is generated.
What is this about
Any of the parts that make up the back can be stressed, on all the muscles. Fractures (spondylolysis) or degenerative diseases (herniated discs) can also occur.
There are three areas vulnerable to pain and injury:
- Cervical area (causes cervicalgia: pain in the first 7 vertebrae in the neck)
- Dorsal area (causes back pain: pain in the central part of the back)
- Lumbar area (causes low back pain: Pain in the back side of the back)
Exercises to avoid spinal injuries
Strengthening the muscles of our spine can be achieved with simple stretching and strengthening exercises:
- Move the spine with the back straight and the hands on the waist, back and forth, to the left and right
- Touch the ground with the tips of the fingers, making a slight stretch of the entire back
- With the back lying on the ground, raise the flexed right foot up to the chest, and little by little, bring it to the left, rotating and stretching the spine slowly. The same is done with the left foot to the right side. It is normal to feel a relaxing sound of spinal stretching
- Keep the spine lying on the ground and raise and lower the feet without taking the spine off the ground
- Perform face down, with your hands on your head, lifting the torso from the ground backwards, stretching the spine in a U-shape
Tips to avoid spinal injuries
- Perform strengthening and stretching exercises regularly
- Keep the spine straight in a correct posture, with the shoulders slightly tilted back
- Avoid forced postures that put all the weight on the spine
- Sit with your back on a straight surface
- Sleeping on your back, preferably without a pillow or on your side, with a small pillow on your head and one between your legs
- When lifting or carrying weight, do not do it with your back, but bending your legs in the form of a squat to raise it and keeping your spine straight at all times (If you do not flex, you injure yourself)
- When carrying weight in the hands, try to balance the weight in both, to avoid overloading one, and consequently that our back leans due to the weight
- Try not to stand for long periods of time. When doing so, make sure to alternate the weight on one foot and then on the other, moving them at all times and leaning your back to some surface
- Avoid shoes that are flat or too high
- Back massages before sleeping
tips exercise health
This is what the lips of your health say NotiFresh.com
Maintaining good health is very important to human beings. Physical exercise, well-balanced diets, hydration and a number of other factors contribute to this stability.
When the body perceives something abnormal, or it is not being treated and cared for correctly, problems begin to arrive. It is vital that you learn to know your body and perceive the signals it sends you so that you understand that there is something that is not right.
In this article we will talk specifically about what the lips say about your health. Although it seems that they are only there to talk, adorn the face or kiss, it fulfills much more important functions that you will know right away.
Never ignore what the lips say
Many times, due to the desire to eat a good diet, mistakes are made that, although they seem small, are very serious. It is not correct to focus only on vegetables and much less on carbohydrates, everything in this life must have balance.
If you don’t do it that way, the nutrient deficit will begin to reflect on your body. It has a wonderful conformation and the signs are going to show up right away.
Never ignore what the lips of your health say. Believe it or not, most of the time they are the first to start to warn about the effects that may be suffered.
So how do I know that they want to tell me that I need to eat more meat? If you ask yourself that, the answer is very easy, because you will get it just by observing them for a moment. The signals will be:
- General dryness.
- Cracks that may or may not bleed.
- Small wrinkles.
- Labial commissures with lesions that become painful especially when eating food.
Now that you know what those signs are that the lips say about your health, you have to focus on improving. The solution is not to eat all kinds of meats without stopping, prioritize those that have large amounts of:
- Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B3.
In the event that you present all the symptoms mentioned above but you are a vegetarian, do not worry. Seek help from a professional nutritionist so that together you can create a healthy diet, able to prevent anemia, iron deficiency and other diseases.
We bring you what you need, the correct method of how to prepare oats to lose weight
Diseases that your lips alert you to
Unfortunately, venereal diseases are more common today, so you have to be very careful. A carrier of any of the existing ones will begin to present many symptoms.
However, there are some that are totally ignored due to lack of knowledge perhaps or because they seem to be too insignificant. What the lips of your health say is that you may be developing a picture of Candidiasis if you begin to present:
- Extreme increase in salivary production especially at night.
- Accumulation of the same in the lip corners.
- Bad smell in the oral cavity.
These manifestations, among many others, are just some of those that can be mentioned. It occurs because when our body captures some type of fungus in the mouth in general, it is natural for saliva to be produced in this way.
Something that cannot be doubted is that it is unaesthetic and shameful. It is better that you become aware of the matter and visit a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and receive treatment.
This disease we are talking about is very common in newborn babies, young children and the elderly.
Look at the impressive benefits that papaya brings to your health and quality of life
Your lips are crying out for you to relax
The body of human beings is very complex, so much so that even the smallest parts of it warn you that something is wrong. Stress is so frequent but at the same time it is a danger to human life.
This could lead to simple infections such as acne, loss of appetite, insomnia, and so on. But if it turns into an Acute Myocardial Infarction or something like that, it will be more than fatal.
What the lips of your health say should never be ignored since this small part of our physical configuration is very wise. You will notice that you lead a life with struggles and loads of more if they appear in them:
- Both internal and external sores, in the same mouth or its surroundings.
- Small and multiple pimples that are usually very painful and when they explode they burn while they release a clear liquid.
Stressing out, especially in the midst of the current situation is a challenge, something very difficult. However, you cannot allow it to overtake you and affect your life at the same time as affecting your own organism. Better pay attention to what the lips of your health say.
You should know if a glass of wine a day is healthy. MYTH OR REALITY?
Other things that our lips alert us to
- Drink more water if they are dry or if even hydrating them the effect does not last long.
- Change lipstick if you feel swelling, as you may be developing an allergy to toxic products.
- What the lips of health say is that your immune system can be depressed in case of herpes or severe sores on them.
- The pale or blue color is a sign of cold or as it is medically known “cyanosis”. What’s more this change in color is due to discomfort as in the case of hypoglycemia and anemia.
health prevention tips
Reasons why it gives us a headache
Surely you have suffered from headache, It is a mild or intense discomfort, in any part of the head: scalp, neck, face or inside of it. This is a very common condition.
Causes of headache:
The causes of your headache can be multiple, but mostly are linked to bad habits or diseases. Most of these pains are related to:
- Stress can be due to work or economic, family and other situations.
- Dehydration is another common cause, sometimes because we are too busy we forget to drink enough water, either due to distraction or because we simply do not feel thirsty, the body needs to be hydrated to function well.
- Another possible cause is watching too much television or spending a lot of time in front of the computer screen, it causes, not only a headache, but also dizziness and fatigue in sight.
- Very loud music may be the reason for your headache, if you are used to playing it for long periods and more if it is listened to with headphones.
- Vices such as alcohol and cigarettes They are also considered causes of your pain, as they are toxins to your body.
- If you are used to drinking a lot of coffee and suddenly you have stopped, it can also cause this discomfort, due to the reaction of the body to stop consuming caffeine.
You may be interested in: See what happens to your body and your brain when you drink coffee every day
- Skipping meals does not help your health at all, it can give reactions such as headaches and fainting, if you stop eating for a long time, the pains will appear and stay.
- Not resting enough hours, sleeping 8 hours is an important habit for your health, especially if you have had a full day, both of physical exercise and of worries.
- If you hit your head and have pain, it’s time to visit your doctor.
- Long trips, especially those that are all night and early morning, can cause you great pain, either from the agitation of going in a moving vehicle or from not sleeping comfortably.
- Carrying out intense exercise can give you this discomfort, due to the effort your body is making to be able to do it.
- If you suffer from allergies, you should consider this as the cause of your condition, since consuming foods that give you a reaction, give reason for the pains to appear.
- Illnesses such as the flu, colds, those related to the ear or throat also cause these pains.
- Also kidney infections, sometimes cause other discomforts, such as headaches, if you are suffering from this, it may be the cause.
- There are other diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, cancer, migraine or hormonal problems that can cause this discomfort, they need a doctor’s consultation.
Who can get headaches?
There is no defined age for this discomfort, many times they are only reactions to bad habits, carelessness or common diseases, that we saw earlier, that anyone can have. It is true that it is more common in adults and even more when age increases. It should also be considered that many times the pains can be inherited and several members of the family can have it. In addition, these can be common in people more sensitive to noise or stress.
There are certain characteristics in people with this condition that can be cause for concern:
If in addition to this pain you lose sensitivity slightly, changes in your vision, sudden weakness, seizures, confusion, loss of consciousness or other similar symptoms, you should see a doctor immediately. Also, if you start to have a fever and stiff neck, you should see a doctor as soon as possible, as you may have a more serious disease or condition.
Treatment depends on the cause, if you go to the doctor they will ask you a series of questions and tests to detect the factor causing the pain. Usually recommended healthy and balanced diets that include lots of fruits and vegetables, also the daily consumption of enough water. Avoid alcohol consumption, eliminate cigarettes and tobacco. Do not forget the necessary meals in the day, avoiding being long periods on an empty stomach.
Do moderate physical exercise, always start by warming up and stretching the muscles, avoid constantly overloading your body. Before sleeping, do not use your mobile phone or laptop, even less with the lights off, this prevents you from sleeping badly and you do not rest, your body needs it to sleep eight hours.
Also take 5 minute breaks when you are working, especially with a keyboard or any activity that strains your eyes, massage your head every so often, doing breathing exercises helps a lot and drink infusions such as ginger tea.
We recommend: Incredible changes that occur in your body if you stop ingesting caffeine
Avoid Wrist, Neck, and Back Injuries With These Tips When Working From Home
Working from home is a lifestyle that has been adopted lately, especially after Covid-19. Although it can be a comfortable...
Viral video, a man saves his pet from being eaten by a crocodile
This is a video that quickly went viral. It is due to the heroic deed performed by an old man...
Asphalt sledding, a sport only for the most daring
Have you ever practiced what they call extreme sports? The Street luge or asphalt sled is one of the disciplines...
This is what the lips of your health say NotiFresh.com
Maintaining good health is very important to human beings. Physical exercise, well-balanced diets, hydration and a number of other factors...
Impact of science and technology on modern life
Could you imagine life without cell phones, computers, or headphones? Surely not, today the impact of science and technology is...
States of fruits and their benefits for your health
We all love fruits, they are also very rich and full of nutrients, they are a fundamental element in any...
Scientists create time crystals
A group of scientists from the University of Granada (UGR) and the University of Tübingen in Germany made an unusual...
5 most common accidents at home NotiFresh.com
Accidents in the home are one of the most common things that happen on a daily basis. According to a...
What is Kabaddi and what does it consist of? NotiFresh.com
Are you passionate about sports? This time we will talk about a game originally from South Asia. Have you ever...
Mexican singer-songwriter Armando Manzanero dies
Armando Manzanero passed away this Monday at the age of 85. The news was confirmed by the president of Mexico...
What is the best hair removal method and why NotiFresh.com
For everyone showing off is essential, showing off thin and hairless legs is essential especially if you are a woman....
Reasons why it gives us a headache
Surely you have suffered from headache, It is a mild or intense discomfort, in any part of the head: scalp,...
Unforgettable experience that you can live when visiting Germany
Germany is one of the most visited countries in the world by hundreds of tourists due to its gastronomy, culture...
Latest advances in artificial intelligence 2020 NotiFresh.com
What is artificial intelligence? Some have asked this question, but there is always a bit of uncertainty about the answer....
Surface pro, an option that you will not regret
Surface has been one of the Intel Core processor editions that have attracted much attention. One of the characteristics that...
Beauty1 year ago
Repair damage to your hair with cornstarch
Culture1 year ago
A Mayan god would have inspired Batman’s character: Camazotz, the “bat of death”
Videos1 year ago
El Santo, icon and hero of Mexican wrestling
Unusual1 year ago
This will be the first guitar hotel in the world
Curiosity1 year ago
«Joker»: where are the famous stairs of the movie?
Travels1 year ago
The coolest neighborhoods in Latin America, a 2019 selection
Health1 year ago
10 tips to prevent heart failure
Videos1 year ago
Cirque du Soleil with Messi, a perfect match