The best thing about cornstarch is that it manages to fix the curls perfectly, helps straight hair, repairs damaged hair, brings shine and softens the hair. From the first application you can notice great changes.
One of the main uses of cornstarch in hair is to straighten it, but do not think it will be a finish like the one left after using the hair straightener. Cornstarch helps especially if you have frizzy hair, that is, if you use cornstarch in your hair, it will be much more manageable, soft and effectively smoother.
If your hair is going through a frizz crisis, that is to say that it is sponged or frizzy, the cornstarch will be of great help, allowing greater ease when combing it, manageability, much more shine and especially softness. In addition, cornstarch has important components to moisturize the hair, allowing it to acquire enough moisture for a better appearance and to say goodbye to the signs of dryness on the scalp.
The properties of cornstarch make it a very effective product to eliminate the signs of damaged hair, cornstarch-based masks that are made in order to treat these problems it is recommended to use them twice a week, for a period of 30 days. If you are constant enough the changes in your hair will be noticed, cornstarch will help nourish, repair and rebuild the hair from its root, strengthening it and preventing the weakening of the hair, that is to say that it prevents its fall and in turn accelerates the growth of the hair.
Being a versatile product, cornstarch is not only used to combat dry hair problems, but also excess fat. It has the ability to reduce and regulate the amount of sebum produced by the sebaceous glands. Helping in turn to prevent the presence of dandruff and other hair problems caused by the unnecessary amount of fat in the scalp.
Cornstarch to be applied to the hair must be combined with other natural ingredients that also provide nutrients to the hair to reinforce the benefits, that is, it must always be applied to the hair as a hair mask and not the cornstarch powder directly.
Cornstarch and olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of conditioner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation and application:
- Mix the cornstarch and water very well, then place the mixture in a pot over low heat while stirring constantly to form a jelly paste.
- Remove from heat and once it is cold add the conditioner next to the olive oil and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Separate your hair into small parts and apply the mixture from medium to ends and then to the root of the hair. It is very important that you apply enough mixture on the tips, it is a priority on them.
- Once you have applied the mixture throughout the hair, put a bathing cap on the head and a warm towel over it, you must keep the hair warm for 20 minutes.
- Then let it cool and remove the mixture with plenty of warm water and shampoo, trying not to leave traces on the scalp.
With information from: https://www.salud180.com