Surfing is one of the best known sports worldwide and it is classified within the category of extreme sports. Not everyone can practice it as mastering it is so difficult that it takes years of experience and discipline. This sport It is carried out in the marine waters with the help of the strong wavesAlthough a group of young people did extreme glacier surfing on ice. If you want to know what it is and how it all happened, don’t miss this post.
We invite you to know the tips you need to start running in 2021
What is surfing?
Surfing is a fairly old water sport. Its origins date back more than 500 years to the Polynesia Island. Years later these customs moved to Hawaii where it became popular. In the beginning, surfing was practiced without a board, only using the body, which made it even more extreme. Once introduced in America the table was incorporated.
The surfboards were solid wood so that it could resist the strong blows of the waves. In the 60s, surfing began to become popular in other countries of the world such as Peru, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and in some Asian countries.
How is surfing practiced and what are its main techniques?
Surfing is a fairly complex sport in itself and has several variants depending on the type of board, techniques and maneuvers. For example, depending on the type of table, it can be classified into:
- Short board: It is also known as a shortboard. The short boards range in size from 1.5 meters to 2 meters. Although apparently they are easier to maneuver on big waves, They lose a bit of balance and stability relative to other types of boards. This type of board is recommended to be used especially in large waves since in small and medium waves, as there is not so much speed, the practitioner tends to lose balance on it more easily. Regarding buoyancy, it loses a bit of points, although, as in the previous case, in big waves the difference is not noticeable.
- Medium board: It is also known as a funboard. Its dimensions can vary between 2 meters and 2 with 75 cm. They are the most common in the world since they are used most frequently. Skills and maneuvers are easy to do regardless of the size of the wave, in this regard medium boards are quite flexible. For beginners, medium boards are the most recommended as it is the perfect fusion of stability and maneuverability.
- Long boards: Above 2.75 meters, surfboards are classified as long. They can also be known in some countries as a longboard; its meaning in English. They are the most current tables and They are off-road, they pass all kinds of waves regardless of its size or aggressiveness.
Learn about the 10 funniest soccer goals
Top surfing skills
This sport has a series of basic skills on the board that not everyone can fully master. Here we show you some of it:
- Stand: Standing on the board is the first and the most important of all movements. Once you get the hang of this, everything else will be a little less complicated.
- The Duck: Doing the duck move is not entirely easy. Consists in sink the back of the board to propel yourself forward and reach a higher speed.
- Riding the wave: One of the most popular maneuvers in surfing is riding the wave. Only the experienced ones manage to do it since it is dangerous for the amateurs.
Extreme glacier surfing
Another of the apparent modalities of this sport is extreme glacier surfing. Although not official, a group of intrepid young men seem to enjoy it quite a bit. This really is very dangerous and those who practice it say that it has been the most exciting and scary experience of their life.
Learn more about asphalt sledding, a sport only for the most daring
How do you practice glacier ice surfing?
Although there are no gigantic waves to ride at the poles, landslides of glaciers often do occur. The avalanches of ice and snow that they produce are very similar to those of the sea. A few years ago this was just a fantasy and at the same time crazy, although it came true for the two best surfers in the world in 2007.
They became the first men to practice this extreme sport and perhaps their feat can never be surpassed with heights of 7 meters like them. In statements they made to the press, they indicated that they would never do it again since the water was extremely cold and huge blocks of ice were constantly falling beside him that could have struck him to death.
Amazing huh? Would you dare to practice glacier surfing?
extreme sport sports exercise
Contortionists How do they do it? – NotiFresh.com
If you have been to a circus show, surely you have been speechless with the number of contortionists. How is it possible that they can bend the way they do? For me they have magical powers …
These performers are capable of exercises in which they fully arch their back or raise their legs to a shocking height.
Do they depend only on your natural physical conditions? Are your skills the product of hard training?
In particular, it is an issue that has always caught my attention. If you are the same, what you will find here will clear all doubts and confusion. Keep reading our post and discover some myths about this profession.
In case you didn’t know, there are eating competitions. Look who the current champion is
Is contortionism a disease?
Some years ago, a British doctor decided to study in depth the ability of contortionists from science. In order to accomplish his goal, he scanned a circus performer while she was executing some of his movements.
You can’t even imagine what he discovered.
The result of the test showed that the young woman did not suffer any abnormality in the bones of the spine or in the ligaments. Therefore, the only genetic condition that allowed him to perform such body contortions was the hyperflexibility in the ligaments.
However, there is also what is known as Marfan syndrome, a connective tissue disorder. This pathology causes that the joints do not have movement limitations. It can also cause damage to the skeletal and cardiovascular systems.
Many contortionists suffer from it.
How is it reflected in your body?
They are higher than average, since the disease produces an accelerated growth of the bones. In addition, it is a congenital condition, a mother could transmit it to her children.
In turn, this health problem, which affects 1 in every 50 thousand people in the United States, also attacks the eyes and skin. Likewise, individuals who suffer from it may present scoliosis, laxity, and muscle contractures.
For this reason, it is recommended that contortionists with the disease see a doctor systematically. This way they avoid possible complications produced by their hard work with flexibility.
Contortionists need continuous training
Even if contortionists are hyper-flexible people, they need to train hard. Otherwise, they could lose this facility due to lack of practice.
On the other hand, there are those who are born without this physical condition and, because of their love of the profession, they work to achieve it. The above is called induced flexibility and it requires many hours of work and suffering.
Despite this, said elasticity will never be the same as natural. Those who strive for such freedom of movement will always feel limited in one way or another.
The ideal age for a contortionist to start working his body is between 3 and 10 years. They are stages in which the human organism has greater malleability. It will be easier for them to mold the muscles so that they acquire the ability to stretch without much effort.
These are the amazing unusual stories about the end of the world
Contortionist women vs. Contortionist men
Contortionist women are more common than men. Why?
It is speculated that the anatomy of women allows them to develop greater flexibility than that of men. For this reason, both in contortionism and in gymnastics and dance, females tend to be more elastic.
Now you will be amazed what I will tell you … The best contortionist today is a man. Aleksei Goloborodko, only 26 years old, has captivated the entire world with his incredible ability to completely twist. Hailing from Russia, the young artist is part of Cirque du Soleil’s Luzia show.
Fun Facts About Contortionists
Being people capable of so many amazing movements, several myths have been created about their physical abilities. Some speculate that such abilities are due to certain tricks or bodily conditions.
In the following sections we will refer to some of them.
Do contortionists have more joints?
Many people believe that contortionists have more joints than normal. It is a falsehood. Everyone has the same number of joints on your body.
Perhaps you have wondered if weight lifting is a safe sport?
No, contortionists don’t drink snake oil
During the 19th century people claimed that contortionists applied snake oil or another elixir to their body. This is just as untrue. There is no ointment that is capable of developing flexibility in the body.
Hyper-flexibility is an internal condition, which occurs in the ligaments, bones, and joints. Nothing that can be achieved externally.
Sports exercise Unusual entertainment
Weightlifting Is It A Safe Sport?
The most genuine of strength sports You know which one is? Known by three different names and also with the same meaning, it is about weightlifting, described in the history of the sport as: weightlifting or weighlifting.
It is a sport practiced by many Olympic athletes, based on details that are not small but are important. It is one of the healthiest for your skeletal system and provides vitality to your heart.
Be sure to meet the most prominent figures of track cycling in history
Lifting weights, how safe do I have?
The main objective is to lift a barbell from the ground to the top of the head, stretching the arms as much as possible. Athletes who practice weightlifting must develop their dexterity and mental attitude.
They are called weightlifters. Of course, they are better known as weightlifters.
Like the vast majority of sports, there are pros and cons:
Benefits of weight training:
- Helps you sleep more
- Provide durability to your life
- Decrease the stress level
- It will make you stronger
- You will lose fat thus protecting your health
- Your bones will be healthier
- Increase your metabolism
- It anticipates chronic diseases.
Cons of practicing weight lifting:
- Accuracy is required when carrying out this activity, so you must have an expert
- Since you are lifting a lot of weight, you will be prone to increasing your risk of injury.
- The calorie elimination rate is not as effective as it is in accelerated aerobic activities.
7 Tips for Weight Training
If you are a fan of this sport or are interested in practicing it, do not overlook the following points:
- Lift a weight that is appropriate for you. Keep in mind that to start you must do it with a weight that you can lift 12 to 15 times
- Breathe gently and expel the air when you lift the weight
- Have a correct body posture
- Wear shoes with good traction
- Find the balance
- Incorporate muscle strengthening into your exercise day
- Take a well deserved break.
What happens to your body when you do weights?
This exercise is undoubtedly one more way to improve the quality of life and its duration. It prevents bone loss and reduces the risk of osteoporosis and fractures. This will help you suffer fewer falls.
What army muscles with weightlifting?
The muscles involved are:
- Forearms Deep flexor of the fingers. Superficial flexor of the fingers
- Torso. Abdomen. Front. ABS. Back. Oblique External oblique
- Hips. Buttocks. Gluteus maximus and gluteus minimus. Piriform. Upper Gemino
- Legs. Femoral rectus. Quadriceps. Vastus lateralis. Vast medium. Femoral.
Here are the best tips to be consistent in the practice of exercises
Your heart needs this sport of strength
Several people, mostly women, refuse to do this practice because they prefer to keep their female body.
In fact, there is a study that reveals that these exercises reduce the risk of suffering from heart attacks between 40 and 70%. It is also confirmed that it is preferable and healthier to lift weights than to walk.
Fainting again. Why do they happen when I train?
If this happens to you, it is because when the concentration of carbon dioxide decreases, the blood vessels in the brain contract. You may feel faint, but without losing consciousness.
You just have to wait for your forces to come back again. If you wish, you can stop with the execution of the exercise.
Women Can you lift weights?
If you are a woman you should know that, when performing this weight exercise, the most usual thing is that you “grow up” or that “your body looks like that of a man.”
Doing a weight lifting routine doesn’t just help you gain strength. It is also super special for toning your body, burning fat and expanding your energy. Never forget that women can also.
Raise the bar like a pro
It takes a correct position to lift the bar. This will prevent further damage to your body, to start take into account the following:
- Knees should be bent
- It is very important that the back is straight
- Legs slightly open at shoulder height for balance
- Arms open in the center of the bar, thus distributing the weight and avoiding injuries.
Learn about chess, the magic of an ancient game
Without tools there is no triumph. Which are?
Get to know the different most used metal discs with rubber protection.
Red disc (25 kg): Considered the heaviest and used in competitions since they work with very high weights.
Blue disc (20 kg): Also used in competitions, less than the red discs.
Yellow disc (15 kg): They are hardly used in competitions, but they are widely used by novices in this discipline.
Green disc (10 kg): It is very seldom used in competitions, it can be said that these are more used than the yellow ones since they weigh less and for a novice it will be excellent at the beginning.
Stainless steel bars
Not only are discs used in this sport, there are also bars that give the athlete more preparation.
Bar (20 kg): This takes the credit as the most used, both in competitions and in training. It is the only bar allowed in competitions for those over 15 years of age.
Bar (15 kg): With this one works in categories under 15 years old, also used in some training sessions or warm-ups of athletes.
Bar (10 kg): Available for children between 8 and 12 years old. It has a wider tip than the others.
Sports exercise health
Most outstanding figures of track cycling in history
Living life on two wheels seems like something out of a child’s dream. Nonetheless, it is a respectable profession that has inspired hundreds of people around the world. The prize for the fastest, belonging to the most outstanding figures of track cycling in history.
As a passive practice it combines 83% percent of the world’s population, But the competitive world of track cycling involves much more.
Continue in this post for more information about track cycling, its characteristics and most outstanding figures.
These are the benefits that your body will appreciate if you start lifting weights
What is track cycling?
Since its creation the velocipede was one of the most used forms of transport, a practice that would be called with posterity: cycling.
In 1817 the model that most resembles the current bicycle appears, and it was conceived as a method to exercise and compete, which is why it was also called a running machine.
But it was not until 1870 that the first cycle race. They traveled 33 kilometers of Italian territory was its host and its champion was Rynner Van Neste.
The first world class championship of this activity was carried out in Great Britain that year.
After the first half of the 19th century, this practice became popular and it was officially designated as a sport.
As it gained fame, many modalities emerged, the first of them was: track cycling.
This competition was held on an artificial terrain and the participants were equipped with specialized bikes in optimizing the bearing.
London celebrated the unveiling of this novelty with a race. Later, in 1878, new types of competitions appeared that have reached the present day.
What tests does track cycling include?
Each variant of cycling has a wide diversity of experiences. It is known that there are a large number of events to test track racing competitors.
What are these challenges for cyclists?
To this day, there are contests that, despite not being the best known, produce a world ranking. A) Yes they rank the best and give them merit according to their ability. In this modality, the most famous global meetings are:
- Kilometer Time Trial: it is about traveling 1000 meters. The athlete starts with no initial impulse. They are all anchored to a machine that is synchronized with a clock. It lets them go at the same time. The winner is the one who takes the tour in a shorter period.
- Individual pursuit: Two runners start from opposite sides of the track. They must try to catch up with the other or have the best marker to win.
- Points race: every 10 laps the competitors earn points according to the order of arrival. There are around 160 detours to the circuit.
- Madison: it is also called the American. It’s like a relay race on a bicycle. The objective is cover 70 kilometers with three gears.
- Scratch: it is quite similar to road cycling. It consists of circling the track in order to arrive first. The goal is to reach 15 kilometers.
- Omnium: the participants must be of excellence. Here all types of experiences are mixed. Its parallel in athletics would be the decathlon. The number of contests used varies from 4 to 6.
We bring you the best tips to be constant in the practice of exercises
Trials in Olympic Games
With the torch of the Olympics begins a period of struggle to break new records for cyclists. Not all modalities are evaluated. This celebration includes the following types of competitions:
- Individual speed: is made up of phases. In the classification there is a 200 meter lap and the fastest wins. The elimination phase Choose from two people whoever goes through the end first. The process is repeated until a champion is obtained.
- Group speed: in this challenge the participants make a start without impulse. After one round they are replaced until the asset reserve is exhausted.
- Keirin: each cycle is tied to a motorcycle. This reaches 50 km / h and is disengaged. The sprinter who runs the system the most times takes the victory. It is the riskiest of contests.
- Team chase: starts from opposite ends of the territory. The team that passes the fifth wheel first through the starting mark wins. The team that with its third member surpasses its equivalent in the rivals can also take the prize.
Individual and collective successes are reasons for honor. Each competition won accumulates and creates a memory about you.
The most agile on the track
Who inspires young athletes?
In all sports there are people who set high standards. These they strove to outdo themselves. Among the greats of track cycling are:
- Eddy merckx: is considered the best of all time. He had multiple victories in the toughest competitions in the world. In total he won: 5 times the Giro d’Italia and the Tour de France, 3 World Road Cycling Championships, the Vuelta a España, and others less relevant.
- Jacques anquetil: It is a matter of debate whether it is ranked number two or three globally. He was victorious in the Tour de France 5 times. The Giro d’Italia was his for two seasons. He won the only time he participated in the Tour of Spain and in the Liège-Bastogne-Liège.
- Bernard Hinault: it is discussed whether its position is third or second in the world ranking. Among the top positions in the Tour de France on several occasions and its winner on 5 occasions. In 3 cycles of the Giro d’Italia he declared himself the winner. He won the Tour of Spain twice.
Reaching the top demanded of them determination and hard work. His prestige was not acquired by magic.
What efforts does becoming a track cycling athlete involve today?
Start practicing Ping Pong, a board game to enjoy at home
Over the years, the techniques for exercising this type of athlete have been perfected. The common points of their routines are: a proper diet and intensive leg training. The rest of the activities are distributed in regular practices.
Are you one of the percent who usually ride a bike? Maybe it’s time to take a chance and compete. Assume a conscious attitude, study the lives of the most prominent figures of track cycling in history and assume this Lifestyle.
cycling sports exercise
How is the vision of animals
Many people, including me, wish they could walk in the dark without stumbling. Is the same thing happening to you?...
Acrylic nails, everything you need to know
Night is coming and you have the ideal look to succeed at the party. But oops !! Your nails are...
The best dog breeds for allergy sufferers
Antonio is about to turn seven years old. This time he doesn’t want to go fishing in the lake. He...
Facial recognition and artificial intelligence
Do you have a cell phone that allows you to access just by showing your face? Have you ever needed...
Hygiene tips for the beauty salon
Did you know that many microorganisms roam beauty centers? That’s right, so its removal prevents possible infections. The hygiene of...
Deadly snails for man – NotiFresh.com
It is a splendid summer afternoon and you dared to clean the garden. Your little boy accompanies you. Suddenly, you...
Can you live from trading? – NotiFresh.com
As much as they tell you, you still don’t believe it. Living from trading is utopian, unreal. You do not...
Contortionists How do they do it? – NotiFresh.com
If you have been to a circus show, surely you have been speechless with the number of contortionists. How is...
Most Anticipated Movies in 2021
Juan is really bored on the weekends. With this COVID-19 you cannot be visiting many places. His work day is...
Natural remedies to cover gray hair
The first gray hairs are like the arrival of autumn. With sadness we watch as the colorful and enthusiastic summer...
Ten things babies do inside their mothers’ tummies
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful stages in a woman’s life. Being able to feel how the child grows...
Visit Santorini, the most beautiful island in Greece
Greece is an ideal country to go on an adventure. Santorini, a Greek island, is located in the Aegean SeaIt...
Technological development to help people with visual disabilities
In the world there are approximately 285 million visually impaired people. Improving their quality of life has been a challenge...
Viruses, more current vaccines to eliminate them
Many think that viral infections are harmless. The current reality is very different. These microorganisms compete for the top spots...
10 animals you didn’t know existed
At present it is estimated that there are 8.7 million species of animals populating the planet. However, the vast majority...
Beauty1 year ago
Repair damage to your hair with cornstarch
Culture2 years ago
A Mayan god would have inspired Batman’s character: Camazotz, the “bat of death”
Videos2 months ago
Viral video, a man saves his pet from being eaten by a crocodile
Videos2 years ago
El Santo, icon and hero of Mexican wrestling
Unusual2 years ago
This will be the first guitar hotel in the world
Curiosity1 year ago
«Joker»: where are the famous stairs of the movie?
Curiosity2 years ago
Hispanic Heritage Month: 5 Hispanics who have marked US history
Travels2 years ago
The coolest neighborhoods in Latin America, a 2019 selection